Retail Security Services Melbourne
Organised crime and repeat offences are serious problems for the Australian retail industry.
Retail crime disrupts business operations, harms staff, impacts customers and erodes profitability, while also impacting employment and living expenses.
Did you know that retail crime, such as shoplifting, robbery and vandalism, costs Australian businesses up to $9 billion each year?
Every incident erodes profitability for businesses, increases the cost of goods to consumers, endangers frontline staff while also wasting their time, and ultimately reduces the appeal of our retail precincts to customers.
Our main objective is to protect the safety and well being of both customers and employees in a retail establishment and to prevent financial damage caused by shoplifting, robbery, or similar dangers.
DUTIES OF A RETAIL SECURITY GUARD
Duties of a retail security guard may include:
- Removing potentially harmful persons from the retail store or area
- Using video surveillance equipment
- Detain offenders until law enforcements arrive
- Customer assistance or customer service to shoppers.
- Act as a highly visible deterrent to would-be shoplifters
A retail environment could be a single store or an entire shopping mall. And depending on the client needs, our retail security guards may work on a team with other security professionals.
Apart from the safety of your staff and customers, our security guard is also responsible for protecting the financial interests of your business. These might include cash registers, vaults, or other valuable items in the store.
Common Shoplifting Techniques to watch out for:
- Concealing items
- Walking out
- Metal bags
- Switching tags
- Unwrapping items
- Causing a disruption
- Inside jobs
- Phony returns
To help Melbourne retailers reduce the risk, SecurT offers a full range of retail security services. Our security officers are well trained in observation, security technology and, most importantly, customer service.
Understanding Your Needs
When it comes to choosing your security company there are a few things to consider.
Every situation is different and no 2 jobs are the same. Our client’s needs may vary on the number of security guards, the length of employment, and the scope of the job.
Here at SecurT, we’ll work with you to understand your requirements, provide transparent pricing and deliver security services based on our assessment.
We must understand what you’re trying to accomplish, and which security concerns you’re trying to address and tailor a solution that suits you.
Focus on experience
SecurT’s management team has a combined 30+ years of experience in the market.
Trusted by global retail brands and government bodies.
Our Melbourne Security Guards are handpicked by our senior management based on their professionalism, communication skills, and relevant experience to the job.
- All guards have a minimum of 12 months+ of relevant experience.
- Professionally trained.
- Fully insured.
- Licensed and Accredited.
- Police background check and compliant.
- 24/7 operation centre for rapid response.
Our ongoing training covers a variety of situations such as:
- Risk assessment, conflict de-escalation, powers of arrest, observation and reporting, bag and body search, CPR, first aid, trespass, and safety.
- Depending on the job, our guards can wear a casual polo for discreet/undercover operations.
- Professional business shirt or corporate suit in commercial settings.
- Industrial Hi-Vis for construction sites and warehouse employment.
Get in touch
Whether you’re looking for security guards for one-off events or long-term engagement contact us today on 1300 599 981 for a free consultation.
All conversations remain confidential and private.