Event Security Hire & Event security guards Melbourne
Assess Your Security Risks
In terms of security, different events will have different needs. A music concert or festival has a much higher risk than, say, a twelve-year-old’s birthday party.
Your first step is to decide what type of risk you’re dealing with.
- Who is hosting your event? Are they a target for any individual or group?
- Who is attending your event? Do they attract controversy?
- What is the context of the event? Does its topic or subtopics invite security problems?
- Who is speaking, performing, or exhibiting at the event? Do they attract large crowds or present any unique security risks?
- Does the venue have any security vulnerabilities?
- What is the ratio of guests to staff & security personnel?
The main goal of security isn’t to respond to threats. The goal is to prevent threats from happening in the first place. The best protection is high visibility acting as a deterrent. It’s ideal if a potential agitator sees your security measures and moves on.
By making your security team uniform, presence and devices obvious, you also make your attendees feel safer. They know you’ve enlisted the help of professionals and tools to protect their wellbeing.
In the event of an emergency, they know where to find help.
One of the key ways to protect people from security threats is to set up checkpoints at the entrance away from the main gathering.
This acts as a single entry & exit point that attendees must pass through to get inside.
Allowing guests to be registered & identified before entry.
Look out for people who don’t belong or posing as staff. If you can, give your team a unique identifier (like a wrist band, stamp, or T-shirt) on the day of the event.
Don’t let anyone access the identifier or upload pictures online as it can encourage forgery.
Having a secure checkpoint can prevent:
- Uninvited guests from entering
- Trouble makers causing a scene
- Weapons or banned substances entering the premises
You’ll want to sit with your security team and the venue before the event to create an emergency response plan. The purpose of the plan is to draft a procedure that everyone will enact in the event of a disaster.
The plan should include.
- Different ways to mass evacuate the event.
- What to do when there’s an active threat.
- The locations of safe rooms or areas for guests.
- Where staff should meet during an emergency.
- How staff will communicate during an emergency.
- How you’ll direct guests during an emergency.
- Signage and notifications for guests regarding how to respond.
You can’t eliminate all event security risks, but you can reduce their likelihood, minimise the chance of harm to your guests, and discourage agitators from causing trouble.
The keys to good security are preparation and vigilance. If you consider your threats and invest resources into countering trouble, you’ll host a safe event for all your guests.
SecurT provides trained, licensed crowd controllers. Dressed according to our client’s request and occasion.
Our event security guards can be deployed across Melbourne with metal detectors, First Aid Kit, Defibrillator (AED) etc.
Depending on the nature of the event our hire event security will comply with Working With Children’s Check, RSA or RSG.
Type of events we cover
- Rock & Pop Concerts
- Carnivals and fetes
- Sporting Events
- Corporate Functions
- Charity Events & Functions
- School Formal and events
- 18th, 21st Birthdays
- House Parties
- Teenager/Juvenile Events
Focus on experience
SecurT’s management team has a combined 30+ years of experience in the market.
Trusted by global retail brands and government bodies.
Our Melbourne Security Guards are handpicked by our senior management based on their professionalism, communication skills, and relevant experience to the job.
- All guards have a minimum of 12 months+ of relevant experience.
- Professionally trained.
- Fully insured.
- Licensed and Accredited.
- Police background check and compliant.
- 24/7 operation centre for rapid response.
Our ongoing training covers a variety of situations such as:
- Risk assessment, conflict de-escalation, powers of arrest, observation and reporting, bag and body search, CPR, first aid, trespass, and safety.
- Depending on the job, our guards can wear a casual polo for discreet/undercover operations.
- Professional business shirt or corporate suit in commercial settings.
- Industrial Hi-Vis for construction sites and warehouse employment.
Get in touch
Whether you’re looking for security guards for one-off events or long-term engagement contact us today on 1300 599 981 for a free consultation.
All conversations remain confidential and private.